Clean water underpins health. The Foundation hopes to support the creation and advancement of sanitation and water supplies in impoverished and developing areas.
Pump Aid, Africa
We have funded a new project to install a new Elephant Pump, and set up a support network for it.
- Over 2 million Malawians live without access to clean water
- There are 17 diarrhoea-related deaths of children under five every day
- According to a 2011 report on disease in Malawi, diarrhoea is the third leading cause of death among adults
Through pump building and maintenance training, the ultimate goal is to transform the lives of the people they work with and help them reach a point of self-reliance – where they no longer need the intervention of NGOs or other agencies.
“Pump Aid is delighted to be working with the Just Living Foundation. The support that they are providing will enable Pump Aid to bring sustainable supplies of clean water, sanitation and hygiene to the people that need it most, changing lives for the better.”
Water Aid Songhor, Kenya
Three new rainwater catch tanks have been provided for the Early Child Development Centre, located in a remote rural community in Kenya.
- A reliable stream of water will now be provided for the entire centre
- 170 children will directly benefit from this source of clean water
- As a result of this project, malnutrition and poor sanitation will be reduced, lessening related health problems
Community Health and Education, Nepal
This programme run by Operation Agri provides clean drinking water, sanitation and health awareness to families living in Bhalukude, Nepal.
- Over 500 families will benefit from a fresh water source
- Clean water and better sanitation will significantly reduce waterborne diseases
- This project is constructed by local people, which will ensure employment and will bring economic benefit to the community
“We established the Foundation as a family, out of compassion and a motivation for assisting those less fortunate. We wish to deliver lasting change alongside transparent and genuine partners, with the help of likeminded and benevolent supporters.”